Last revised: April 15, 2014
Down Syndrome Education International and its subsidiary and affiliated organisations (Down Syndrome Education Enterprises CIC and Down Syndrome Education USA - "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from our web sites or our apps.
Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about users of our web sites and our apps, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through our web sites or our apps, including usage details, IP addresses, and cookies.
Information you provide to us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our web sites or in our apps. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our web sites or our apps, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our web sites or our apps and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our web sites or our apps.
Usage details, IP addresses and cookies, and other technologies
Usage Details and IP Addresses
As you navigate through our web sites and our apps, we may also collect details of your visits to our web sites or our apps, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our donors. This is statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our web sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our web sites.
Uses made of the information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our web sites and their contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our web sites or our apps to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
We will never disclose your personal information to third parties except to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the charity, our subsidiaries and affiliates, our customers, or others.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Marketing and fundraising
If you do not wish us to use your e-mail address for marketing, fundraising or promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form). You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us.
Using our web sites and our apps
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our web sites or our apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our web sites or our apps like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our web sites or our apps.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our web sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Down Syndrome Education International
6 Underley Business Center